Best Strains To Grow In A Closet
When people think about growing cannabis, the image of a brightly-lit indoor growhouse or a massive field of weed is usually the first thing that comes to mind. Many still don’t know that you can grow your own top-shelf cannabis right at home without that much space – in your very own closet, in fact!
Growing your own supply is the cheapest way to ensure you’ve always got a stash ready for use without having to shell out money at a dispensary. It will save you money in the long run, which you can use for awesome activities to enjoy while you’re high, or investing in cannabis paraphernalia.
Not all cannabis strains may be suitable for growing indoors; more so in a closet. Due to space limitations, it’s only appropriate to choose strains that don’t grow too tall. Additionally, you’ll also want to use strains that harvest quicker so that you can maximize your growing efforts.
These are the 5 ideal strains to grow in a closet:
- Hindu Kush is a classic indica strain originating from the Hindu Kush Mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan. This purebred indica can flower in around 8 weeks, yielding up to 14 ounces per square meter indoors. Hindu Kush doesn’t grow very tall; making it appropriate for closet grows. If you suffer from insomnia or are looking for an excellent relaxing yet therapeutic strain, Hindu Kush is recommended. This strain is used for the treatment of depression, stress, pain, and lack of appetite as well. Hindu Kush delivers a sleepy, happy, euphoric, and uplifted high; best for nighttime medication.
- White Widow is a sativa-dominant hybrid, which means that it will require a little more time and attention on your part to ensure that it thrives but stays small. However, once you harvest White Widow you’ll be glad that all your efforts paid off. White Widow is generally resistant to disease, and will flower in around 8 to 9 weeks. Indoors, it can yield up to 18 ounces per square meter. White Widow is loved by users for its strong head high, and its euphoric, happy, creative, and uplifted buzz. Medically, White Widow is widely used for the treatment of depression, lack of appetite, insomnia, stress, and pain.
- AK-47 is another well-loved sativa-dominant hybrid. Users love this strain for its heady high that is also mellow, mentally invigorating, and relaxing. AK-47 is a popular choice for indoor growers especially those that don’t have that much space because it can flower in as little as 7 weeks, and can yield up to 14 ounces per square meter. AK-47 grows well indoors; but take caution to avoid exposure to neighbors because it’s also pretty damn dank. AK-47 is used for the treatment of stress, pain, lack of appetite, depression, and insomnia.
- Northern Lights is a legendary indica strain that is fast-acting and ideal for consumers looking for a strong sense of relaxation. Northern Lights is also relatively low-maintenance to grow even indoors using a limited space because it grows small. It can flower on an average of 7 to 9 weeks, and can yield 18 ounces per square meter provided that you give it a healthy indoor growing environment. This strain is excellent for nighttime medication and will send you off into a deep, blissful slumber. Northern Lights delivers a relaxed, happy, uplifted, and euphoric buzz. Its medical uses include treatment for insomnia, depression, stress, pain, and lack of appetite.
- Amnesia Haze is ideal for growers who have little experience in cultivation. This strain is well-loved for its potency and the strong cerebral but happy high that it delivers. Amnesia Haze grows well indoors since it’s better protected from pests; although it generally has a longer flowering time of around 9 weeks. The usual yield for Amnesia Haze is 21 ounces per square meter. Amnesia Haze is used for the treatment of headaches, stress, pain, fatigue, and depression.
If you’re growing in a closet or have extremely limited indoor space, indicas and indica-dominant hybrids are usually best. However, it is possible to be successful growing sativas in a closet, although it will require more care and attention on your part. Remember to move your cannabis plants into the flowering stage as soon as you can if you are growing in a closet.
OTHERS STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY..
Published at Sat, 02 Sep 2017 05:00:00 +0000