Top 10 Most Versatile Cannabis Strains Your Medicine Cabinet Should Have
There are hundreds of cannabis strains used by patients worldwide. Each of these strains have their own special healing properties, used for preventive and therapeutic properties. For this reason you can easily toss out those meds from Big Pharma.
Whether you have an ailment you’d like to treat, want to relax, or would just like to have some strains at home in case you feel ill, here are 10 of the top multi-purpose strains your medicine cabinet should have:
- Cannatonic is one of the most unique strains because of its THC and CBD ratio. If you can get one that’s closer to a 1:1 ratio, hoard it if you can. Cannatonic won’t give you a psychoactive high but this is definitely a valuable strain for its far-reaching medicinal properties. Plus since it doesn’t give you a high, you can medicate with Cannatonic at the start of your day and go to work – it will let you function just fine.
Ideal for: chronic pain, arthritis, inflammation, muscle spasms, migraines, depression, stress, bipolar disorder, cramps, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy, anxiety, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, gastrointestinal disorders, headaches, PTSD, Tourette’s syndrome, spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s Disease, nausea
- Blue Dream is a household name when it comes to medicinal cannabis. It’s so widely used that it’s been a top-selling strain in dispensaries across the nation for several years now. In fact many refer to it as the aspirin of the cannabis world, touting Blue Dream for its countless therapeutic benefits. This sativa-leaning strain makes it ideal for daytime medication, and it doesn’t have any heavy sedative effects so you can medicate anytime you need to; just be wary of the high THC content most strains come with.
- Harlequin is a sativa-dominant strain popularly used for those with anxiety as well as individuals who tend to suffer from other common pain-related ailments. Harlequin provides quick relief in terms of relaxing both body and mind, without getting you too high. Harlequin is best used in the afternoons and lacks the psychoactive properties of other strains, which many patients prefer. Overall it has a subtle effect but is potent medicinally; truly making it a top choice for any household medicine cabinet.
Ideal for: anxiety, stress, inflammation, fatigue, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, migraines, Parkinson’s, seizures, bipolar disorder, arthritis, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, muscle spasms, headaches
- Girl Scout Cookies is for those who need some of the strong and fast-acting stuff. Girl Scout Cookies is known for its uplifting and energizing properties although it has a high THC content sometimes reaching 24%. This potent strain delivers a delicious high, and if you suffer from intense or chronic pain frequently, this is the strain for you.
Ideal for: chronic pain, nausea, appetite loss, fatigue, and depression, gastrointestinal disorders, anxiety, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, stress, muscle spasms, PTSD, inflammation
- Afghan Kush is a famous indica strain, so if you are the type who has ailments that make it difficult to sleep, this one is highly recommended. It knocks anxiety right out of the park, and has a high THC content. Afghan Kush is also a fast-acting strain, so don’t use this during the day. This strain will relax cerebrally and physically, helping you forget stress and anxiety and is also perfect for unwinding after a long day.
- Jack Herer is a legendary sativa-dominant strain loved for its clear-headed and blissful high. Jack Herer is such a famous medicinal strain that once it was developed by its namesake, it was instantly recognized by Dutch pharmacies as a top medicinal strain. Jack Herer is also a popular daytime medication that you can use on the spot to treat stress and back pain.
- Granddaddy Purple is a classic delicious-tasting indica-heavy hybrid. This strain is popular for individuals who prefer to medicate for various reasons at night because it will lull you into a deep, relaxing slumber especially if you suffer from muscle pain and spasms. Not only does it have potent sedative effects but has numerous medicinal benefits that make it a staple household name.
Ideal for: stress, pain, insomnia, depression, appetite loss
- Green Crack is one of the most therapeutic strains around, widely used for serious conditions from Crohn’s Disease to pain. This is a good strain for daytime medication because it delivers a sharp cerebral buzz that will keep you focused on any work that you need to do, and will last you for several hours. The sativa-heavy high is appreciated by patients especially those suffering from fatigue and depression.
Ideal for: pain, stress, fatigue, ADD, depression, gastrointestinal disorders, anxiety, insomnia, muscle spasms, PTSD, PMS, appetite loss
- White Widow may be a new strain, but it quickly gained popularity thanks to its potency and health benefits. It’s widely used to elevate mood and improve concentration and creativity, but keep this at home in case you need quick relief from stress or pain. White Widow is also ideal if you have a tough time sleeping because of the ailments you’re suffering from.
- AK-47 may sound menacing, but this strain is valued for its mellow and relaxing properties. It gives a long-lasting cerebral high that you can use to medicate even before attending social events, despite any physical pain you may be suffering from. AK-47 has won many Cannabis Cup Awards for its high THC content, so if you need to medicate but enjoy a fantastic buzz, check this strain out.
Ideal for: stress, pain, insomnia, lack of appetite, depression, stress
What are your must-have cannabis strains for your medicine cabinet?
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY…
Published at Thu, 03 Aug 2017 05:00:00 +0000